“CRANNY” CRANSTON BEACH BLUEFISH TOURNAMENT
Member/Member or Member/Guest
$100 per team
Teams must be signed up by 8 PM Friday, preceeding the tournament
(ten team minimum for food to be served).
This is a Nantucket beach only tournament. No boat fishing. No boat or plane transportation to the fishing spots.
- Fish must be weighed in within 12 hours of being caught.
- Fish brought to weigh in stand by someone other than the person who caught them must be clearly marked i.e. – notch, rubber band, etc.
- All protests will be brought to the attention of the tournament committee.
- Anglers are responsible for disposal of all fish.
- All teams must have six fish to qualify.
- In case of a tie, prize will be divided.
- Fishing begins at 12:01 am on Saturday and the scales close at 5:00 pm on Monday.
- The six heaviest bluefish count for total points. Fish may be bumped for larger ones.
- Juniors may compete individually for gift certificates.
- Points are one per pound.
- Prizes: 1st – 45% of pool, 2nd – 25% of pool, 3rd – 15% of pool.
- Artificial lures only (no bait).
Please help to preserve our fishery by not weighing in all fish. Only the heaviest six count for points. Bring a scale with you to judge weights before saving all the fish for the official weigh in. If your smallest fish is 10 pounds, please release any smaller ones caught.